New Jersey Child Relocation Lawyer

In Ocean County and throughout New Jersey, a custodial parent who wants to move a child out of the state must fulfill certain requirements. They are tasked with filing an application for removal and providing an updated parenting plan to the other parent, among other things.

Because matters of child custody and parenting time are often emotionally charged and contested, the noncustodial parent may not agree to the relocation. Moving the child to a different state may disrupt an existing parenting plan and visitation schedule. When parents do not agree, the custodial parent must seek a court order granting him or her permission to move.

Ocean County Custody Attorney For Child Removal Cases

In recent years, developing technology and improved mobility have left judges more likely to approve applications for removal. However, judges still have a fair amount of discretion when determining whether to let a parent take a child out of the state.

Whether you are a custodial or noncustodial parent, it is important to work with a knowledgeable family law attorney in New Jersey child relocation proceedings. I have the experience and dedication to pursue an outcome that protects the best interests of both you and your child.

Emergency Custody Orders

When the best interests of a child are at stake, parents in New Jersey may request an emergency child custody hearing. Emergency custody orders are typically reserved for cases where there is a real threat of abuse to the child or of some other irreparable harm. They may also be granted when one parent illegally removes a child from the state.

I have 10 years of experience as a child custody lawyer, successfully helping many parents seek and implement child custody arrangements that protect their rights while serving the child's best interests. To learn more, please send me an email or call my office at 732-451-6849 to schedule an appointment.